Friday, August 26, 2011

End of Summer Activites

I really can't believe summer's over already.  I kind of have mixed feelings, on the one hand, I'm happy to be back at USC, but on the other hand, I'm really not excited about having homework again.  Thankfully, I got to celebrate the end of summer with a bang.  A few of my closest friends from St. Louis and I went to the Katy Perry concert at Scott Trade Center in St. Louis!  We got really into Katy's style and went to the concert in costume.  It was really a blast!  I have always known that Katy Perry was amazing, but the concert really showed her artistic side and the fact that she can really sing.  I promise you, she's not all auto-tune!  She did an acoustic version of one of her songs with just her singing and playing guitar and it was really amazing. Of course, I have a few pictures for your viewing pleasure:





Then, the very next day, I flew back to Los Angeles.  But, Katy Perry wasn't the last concert for me this week.  I also went to the Taylor Swift concert Wednesday night!  I couldn't believe that after living in L.A. for a whole year, it was my first time going to a concert in L.A.!  The concert was at the Staples Center only about 3 miles away from campus.  I had such a great time!  And, to top it all off, Jason Mraz made an appearance and sang "I'm Yours" with Taylor!  And in case that wasn't enough star power, Emma Stone (Ms. Skeeter from "The Help") was in the audience!  At one point in the concert, Taylor went over and gave her a hug.  Pretty cool!  And, of course, more pictures!







While concerts and moving in have all been very fun, unfortunately my bike had a catastrophe.  It's been missing screws for a while now and I was always too lazy to go get more and fix the poor thing.  Well, unfortunately the one screw holding on the fender finally gave way while I was biking and the fender hit the wheel and got spun underneath the tire.  It was really sad because the fender got all scraped up getting dragged along the concrete.  Finally, I got the fender dislodged from under the wheel but it was evident that something needed to be done.  Here's a picture of the poor thing.



Finally, despite a semester of doing nothing, the time had finally come for me to bring my bike into the bike shop.  It took a few hours but my bike is back in working order!  Yah!!  Also, my longboard got shipped to me from home so now I have two modes of transportation!  I've boarded around campus a bit and it's been working out pretty well.  Unfortunately, they're doing a ton of construction on the main road that goes from my apartment into campus so there are a ton of pot holes and stuff and it's kind of scary to bike on much less longboard.  Anywho, the semester is off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment